When an “Abnormality” Occurs, Corrective action (To Prevent Recurrence) and Preventive Action (To prevent Occurrence of Similar abnormality) Needs to be taken………!
CAPA includes control points, control levels, etc. This step is the key to the improvement of your performance.
To Prevent recurrence of the abnormality, you need to understand the situation in great detail, analyze the causes at a deep level, and take action to eliminate the cause.
To prevent the occurrence in similar areas, you need preventive actions. These actions include revision of SOP’s, control points & control levels along with regular skill updation of the concerned.
Abnormality Analysis Framework
When any abnormality occurs, the root cause(s) of this abnormality must be known or analysis to be done & necessary corrective actions are required to be taken to prevent the recurrence of this particular abnormality. This corrective action brings in a gradual improvement in the performance level.
The occurrence of the abnormality can happen due to the following reasons:
- SOP’s are not available
- SOP’s are available, followed by the people but still, abnormality occurred.
- SOP’s are available but not followed by the people
Analyze Abnormalities in the Industry Through Daily Management- Once an abnormality occurs, an analysis of the same must be done to conclude one of the above reasons due to which the abnormality happened.
Let’s Understand all the above three reasons:
a) If the conclusion is that the abnormality occurred because the SOP for doing the job was not available and the job was not done as per the standardized way, requisite standards operating procedure must be prepared by the concerned persons, all the people who are required to do this particular job must be trained and a system should be incorporated to ensure that jobs are done as per the standardized procedures.
b) While standards are available and followed, these are not adequate to achieve the desired level of performance. Therefore, these standards should be reviewed for adequacy and requisite modification should be made in these standards & training to be provided to all the concerned members.
c) While Standard operating procedures are available, these were not followed by operating people, further analysis should be done to find out the reasons behind people not following the standards
These reasons Can be:
- People are not aware of the standards.
- Standards are too difficult to follow.
- People are aware of the standard but difficult to follow.
- People are aware of the standards but knowingly not following.
Seven Steps Business transformation is a member of Seven Steps Group helping organizations in their journey of Operational Excellence.
We have Specialized TPM consultants who work across India, UAE, Srilanka, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Nepal, Indonesia, Middle East, Africa. In India, we support the entire country and our customers are across India which includes places like Hosur, Bangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Tumkur, Calcutta, Jamshedpur, Pune, Mumbai, Vadodara, Gurugram, New Delhi, Pant Nagar, Vishakapatnam, Vizianagaram.
Please get in touch with us if you are looking for
- Total Productive Maintenance consultants, trainers, and coaches in India for Automotive, Pharmaceuticals, FMCG, Oil and Natural Gas, Continuous Process Industries, Food Industry, Forging, molding, stamping, fabrication, and assembly.
- Lean-Kaizen consultants and trainers for manufacturing, hospitals, healthcare, retail, supply chain, FMCG, agriculture products, warehouse, apparel, automotive, construction, fabrication, and assembly.
- 5S consultants for banking, manufacturing, warehouses, retail, hospitals, healthcare services, food chains, restaurants, central kitchens, oil fields, etc.,
- Quality consultants